Thursday, October 15, 2009

What a Gloomy day...


How gloomy is it?? Its so gloomy that its just as dark upstairs as it is down in the basement...
But, on the good side, it does give me more incentive to work in the studio, when the sun is shining, it makes its REALLY REALLY hard for me to be inside. Plus today, hubby hasn't got any cars to work on, so even he is staying in. So, I am trying to finish up the last of my commissions, one is the kiln cooling off, one I am working on for myself, its an earthenware Heart of Darkness, sculpted by Karen Gerhardt, love her work! Oh, for a bisque Optime!!! I am still working on shading and dappling.. sorry these photos are a bit on the yellow side, and yes, there is dappling...very suttle tho.


And this Hadrian is probably the last stablemate I'll ever do, unless I get some really good magnifying lenses. I just cannot work on such a small scale anymore, and hats off to those that can still work on such small pieces. I've had him here with me for longer than I care to admit, waiting to hear from the owner how she wants it done and now I can get him done for her.


And for a change of pace, to break the monotony and add some color to my life.. I am working on Christmas pieces, gads, only two months away. I have roughed in the design and just started on the color for the poinsettia, then add leaves, holly and whatever strikes my fancy. And to top it off my son will be 18 in December, so December is a busy month. Not to mention all the Church related activities between now and Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment