Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fall....


Fall... by far my favorite season. I've always been drawn to earthtone colors, so, do I love fall because of the earthtones or I love earthtones because of Fall? Kind of like the 'chicken and the egg' question. Regardless. I love fall. The air has a crispness to it, I love walking in the woods, horseback riding even better in the fall because no bugs! But I think I actually enjoy walking, because I see more. Tho this time I used the 'alternate mode of transportation'... and it floats on water too! Drives like a bulldozer and rides even worse....but what a workhorse. Important note to women with this vehicle... wear a heavy duty bra!! Hubby says he bought it for me... he just hated seeing me carrying those 50 pound bags of grain down to the barn... HA HA!!! Gads, we bought that thing years ago, before the offroad utility vehicles became fashionable.



One of our trails that leads to the favorite place for the dogs; and its one of our riding trails too.



This is the dogs favorite play spot, our creek, complete with a swimmin' hole and a waterfall.






I love walking along the creek, its National Forest on one side, and our property on the other.



Look Ma... no head!!!



But actually Toby does love playing in the creek, someday I need to get a video of him just running and plopping his big feet in the water.




Today is soup making day.. I already made a pot of homemade chicken soup, and now that we've eaten all of that, its homemade beef barley. So, here's a couple of the last of the fall colors, its raining today, the trees are dropping leaves like crazy, so I kind of figure our colors are about done.



No comments:

Post a Comment