Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween...

Its Halloween already?? From now until New Year Day, time will fly.. but today since its Halloween, its appropiately dreary and rainy; there are favorite Halloween movies I love to watch. My first choice is The Haunting... the original, not the remake... The original version works on your mind, your imagination. Julie Harris' "who was holding my hand!?!" still sends chills up my spine. I'd much rather watch a movie that makes you think than one that just wants to gross you out.
I love to watch The Sixth Sense, even tho I know how it ends, I will make time to watch it... the premise I do believe in, that sometimes when people go before they're ready, they still stay with you, helping or guiding you, or finishing unfinished business. That sometimes souls need some help to move on, and they in turn also help us to move on.
And for just fun of course is Young Frankenstein.. I am not that much of a Mel Brooks fan, but this one he got the formula right. Its so entertaining...
And speaking of entertaining.. I love the old Bugs Bunny cartoon, Hair Raising Hare, some of my favorite lines are in that cartoon... 'and don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven... because it hasn't'... and the monster realizing people are all around him and he screams "PEOPLE!?!?!" and runs for his life.. I've felt that more than one time in my life...
Now, for my favorite snack food.. POPCORN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment