Tuesday, August 11, 2009

All I could say was "WOW"



When I opened the kiln to see how this guy turned out... I was so happy he turned out so much better than I had envisioned, he renewed my confidence.



I really don't like to post photos of pieces in progress, I think that it jinxes my efforts. I had in an earlier blog posted some photos of him in progress.



I actually did more handblending with brushes, and taking off color than I had ever done before. I used a satin glaze, tho I did have bump up the temp to cone 05 to get it just the way I wanted.
He's a hard piece to photograph tho, I just cannot seem to get quite the right angles.



I hope I can hang onto him for a while.. I just love him, even down to the metal shoes.
All of you who've helped me along, I cannot thank you enough, it feels good to be so energized again, I think George helped me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment