Monday, September 27, 2010

New twists and turns...

Well, I took down the blog for a bit, thought at first I just wasn't cut out for blogging after all, that my creative writing capabilities are non existent, well.. that's life. Been some changes in my life over the summer, the first and most painful was loosing my beloved horse, Rocky, he fought a couragous battle in the spring against a lung infection, he did end up with scarred lungs, had heaves.. well, he died suddenly on July 25th, he would have been 8 this December.. not a day goes by that I don't miss him!!


I knew that I was going to have to make a decision.. but actually prayed that the decision would be made for me, I really dreaded that call to the vet I'd have to make. Tho I would not have prolonged any suffering.. actually he looked fine, acted fine, except the breathing issue, tho I did start seeing a slow deterioration of his health shortly before.. but nothing making me think he'd go so suddenly. But I had started getting it into my head to accept what I needed to do.
I had already started looking for another horse, I knew that that day would come, tho it came so much sooner than I'd thought it would.. here's the new boy, a 6 year old spotted saddle horse, same breed Rocky was.. His name is Paint It Cheyenne, well he's Cheyenne, and I knew, like Rocky and Colt, as soon as I saw him, I said 'that's the one..' And he reminds me of the horse Michael Landon of Bonanza rode, Cochise, I always thought that little black and white pinto was so cool when I was a kid.




And I downsized this time, Rocky was 16 hands this boy is 14.2 hands, took a bit of adjustment, since Rocky and my appaloosa Colt, were both 16 hands.

And..
My son is off to college, he's really enjoying it, I am so proud of him.. he got into the honors program there. He also was employed for the summer at Natural Bridge State Park, as a part time park naturalist, helping out with tours and assisting the other Park Naturalist with the demo's they'd do. He really had alot of fun working there. He's done with the job at the Park for now.. and now his job is to study!! He comes home on weekends at least.


And...
I am somewhat re-energized lately about working on the china's.. I've been so frustrated and felt stalled, and couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. I want to keep working on the china horses, I just needed to figure out which direction.. and now, I have.. so stay tuned... I hope that what I have coming up will be pleasing to people.. And I am really looking forward to next spring, when Joanie B and Addie V launch BOYCC .. oh, that almost sounds like a poem doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment