Friday, January 8, 2010

Wintertime on Sunrise Ridge...



A farm has to have a name.. I have always called this place Sunrise Ridge, our house faces east, and we do get some really nice sunrises. Today tho, too many clouds, it has to have the right balance of clouds and sun to make a really nice sunrise. But this is what I got this morning.. it was nice regardless, and cold... but animals need to be fed, whether its us... the four legged beasties in the barn... or the wild birds... I really like to make sure everything gets fed, especially when its so cold. I get alot of different types of birds, the cardinals I love, their color against the snow is so pretty. And woodpeckers and the morning doves too.



Horses seem pretty much indifferent to the cold, and the cat.. Shelby.. has such a thick fur coat, I don't really think she notices, at least as long as she's not in the snow, she doesn't really seem to like that.
Below is Shelbly....


Rocky and Scout, enjoying breakfast...



Altho, I know some people think I baby the horses, but when its really cold and snowing like last night... I do put them in their stalls out of the weather, but yet its odd, they have access to them if its snows or rains, and they stay out, rarely do they take refuge in them.. basically the only time is in the summer, because of bugs. I have to keep reminding myself.. they think like a horse, not a human. But I'll still put them up in nasty weather.

Toby thinks snow is a blast, he is such a ham... my other two dogs aren't too interested in photos.


"I'm ready for my closeup"...


Walt has had an extra week off because of snow here, all week, its has snowed, snow has been falling since last saturday.. actually.. but its not really been accumulating till yesterday, but its always been enough snow and ice to make the roads very hazardous and slick, they do salt and plow but with the cold, it just freezes up right away. Gary finally decided it was better to park the car up at our gate than to hazard down the driveway.. you cannot see it, but underneath that snow is ice!! Very slick ice... so the car is way up at the gate.

You can barely see the car... but its up there....


Gary is out right now plowing the driveway with the tractor..


Well, maybe we can venture out later.. I'd love to ride, maybe later... but right now I'd better tend to lunch.. 'I got chickin burnin''..

No comments:

Post a Comment